[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Subject: ** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **
- Subject: Re:Subject: ** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **
- From: Bmsdcr@xxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:40:47 -0800
Welcome to the most civilised mailing list on the net!
Welcome to the world of BMW's!
The credentials of my advice are this:94 R1100RS I bought new in 94. now has
85,XXX miles on it. Suspension: Works performance, Seat Corbin, Repairs all
mine except a few warranty issues.
1) Suspension, BMW shocks start showing wear at 9,000 miles. Any aftermarket
shock is improvment over stock in compliance. Ohlins appears to be the best
by public opinion.
2) Exhaust, you will notice the least amount of power increase on a BMW by
installing a new exhaust compared to any other bike on the market. Two
Brothers make some the lowest quality products on the market for BMW's.
best choises are Remus and Staintune(I have a Staintune). Both are stainless
steel and permanenant ie: no repacking. The Remus touring pipe on an RT is
the perfect tone for a bike with so little wind noise.
3) Brake lines, You should have integrated brakes, that thing stops like
crazy already. I never got around to steel lines on my bike, maybe now
4) Air Filter, K+N makes one, almost all dealers have them in stock. I used
one from new. No real power increase, but money saved on maintenance.
5) Dual Plugs, not worth it unless you have a driveabilty problems(surging). I
found my bike surges a little when I abuse it(riding2-3500rpm)Rev the snot
out of motor and cruise at 4,000rpm minimum and it will run its best.
The only other change I would make is change the tubes from the airbox to the
throttle bodies with ones from an R1100GS. This bolsters torque from idle to
4,000rpms.you will lose 2hp above 7,000rpm.