Re: oilheads-digest V1 #54

> I think there is a trade off. You either want longevity and comfort,
> or you want speed and power. I believe BMW builds their bikes to
last...not
> to go fast. I am sticking my neck out here, but I'd be willing to bet
there
> aren't very many Ducatis out there with 200,000+ miles on them. I HAVE
been
> known to be wrong though.
>
> Stan Rife

i think this is more a marketting tool then reality.  i wonder what
percentage of bmw riders ever see 100k much less 200k on the same machine.
styles change, our bodies change, our attitudes change, our skill levels
change, our desires change and I change machines to match those more
important criteria.  so if you choose to live the myth that a bmw will
outlive you, go for it.  for me it's an irrelevant criteria as i never keep
any fossil fueled anything that long.

gt
or