  From: Steve Makohin
  To: Oilheads list server
  Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 12:47 AM
  Subject: Re: old design was oilheads-digest V1 #47

  On 1/10/04 5:48 PM, rennsport@xxxxxxxxx rennsport@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

  >On Saturday, Jan 10, 2004, at 14:36 US/Eastern, Minor, Bob wrote:
  >
  >> Find one anecdote where a BMW owner with a bike less than 20 years old
  >> had to wait four months for a part. One incidence of such a wait is
  >> evidence enough for me that a Ducati does not qualify as a bike I
  >> would depend on for daily transportation.
  >
  >Well this problem would not have happened had he not dropped the bike.
  >So the bike in and of itself is reliable for everyday use, manufacturer
  >support not withstanding.
  [snip]

  Call me weird for having such radical thoughts, but it is my
  anything-but-humble-opinion that what makes a woman a great Significant
  Other is not just what she's like when things go well, but even more
  importantly, what she's like when things go really badly. On that level,
  one's motorcycle shares something in common.

  -Steve Makohin, Philosopher For the 21st Millennium

   Oakville, Ontario, Canada
   2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin

  *Note the important use of the "on that level" qualifier, for those list
  members who are preparing to pounce on me for comparing a motorcycle to a
  human being.