Re: Recent list discussions

From: "Don MacQueen"

| Tim vented:
|
| >Do you even own a BMW?  If
| >not, and you don't sound like you are looking to buy one, why are you on
| >this list?
| Respectfully, who made you list cop?

It was a question.  I believe that is allowable.

| >This is not directed to you personally but to the conversations that have
| >taken place quite a bit lately on this list.  I am bored to tears with
all
| >the nit picking and complaining!
| Delete Key.

Thank goodness for the delete key, mine has been getting a workout lately.

| It's freaking wintertime.  The new bikes from all the other
| manufacturers are in the magazines, and our marque of choice is
| bringing out...bupkus.  It's the nature of the medium.

Maybe you haven't noticed, BMW has released a new engine and transmission in
the GS.  It appears that about the only thing it shares with the old boxer
is the fact that it has two cylinders.  It is a totally new design which I
doubt has any part interchangeability with the old motor.  It is more
powerful, lighter weight, and probably smoother.  One problem is that many
people pick up on the "Cycle World" need for power.  Magazines focus on
power because it sells magazines.  BMW is not in the business of selling
magazines, they are in the business of selling bikes that work in the real
world.  There is a reason why more BMWs than any other brand compete in the
Iron Butt as well as traverse around the world on global tours.  My current
ride has all the power I need and takes me anywhere I want to go.

My transmission failed two years ago and I believe it was a design defect by
BMW.  That does not make all BMWs junk.  Many times products are released to
the public before they should be and then the buyers act as beta testers.
That is a result of the rush to release a product as soon as possible.  I
personally prefer evolution as compared to revolution.  It costs me less in
the long run and provides more reliable bikes for all of us.

Tim