Re: Recent list discussions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruno Valeri" <bvaleri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Recent list discussions

> ... By far the more meaningful is the "quality" of the torque curve and
> horsepower curve -- BMW strong points.
>
> To know that an engine puts out 130 hp doesn't tell me anything
> about how tractable it is in real world riding.

If anyone doubts this, take yourself for a short ride on a R100GS and
another on the F650. Both produce ~50 HP and comparable torque peaks. If
there is a HP edge, I give it to the F650. After your short rides you will
understand how important the meaning of the word tractable is when defining
useful power. Especially on a long ride, the flat torque curve of the R100GS
makes it so very much easier and pleasant to drive compared even to the
excellent F650.

Jim
microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
'99 R1100RT '99 F650 '98 R1200C '88 R100GS '78 R80/7
BMW MOA, RA, ABC, NFO #3