Wishlist - Edsel

Robert:

You have that wrong.  The Edsel was NOT a quality piece.   It was made
mostly for Ford parts bin stuff.  It cost marginally more than a Ford.  The
two things that killed the Edsel were the "controversial" styling and the
fact that every new feature on the car was prone to failure.   There were a
ton of quality problems with the cars.   My father had an Edsel station
wagon.  It was in the shop constantly.  I'll never forget watching the
push-button shifter in the steering wheel hub spew electrical smoke as the
wiring and switches fried while my father watched helplessly.   It was a
product that was pushed out into the market a year too soon.  Virtually
everyone had problems with them and the dealer/fractory support was poor.
The result was a lot of early trade-ins, a bad reputation for the car and no
repeat sales.

>The Edsel was a quality car in its day, however it had features that no
one wanted and a price no one was willing to pay. As with a lot of Ford
cars, the styling left a lot to be desired.