Cheap place to get Ohlins

Sam:

I got a good price on my Ohlins from Wolf BMW.  They're an authorized BMW
dealer in the Toronto area.  The parts guy is easy to deal with and knows
what you need.   You get a good deal from them because the Canadian/US
exchange rate is good.  There is no tax and no duty (NAFTA).  Wolf pays the
freight on any order over $500.

Prices are going to start getting screwy because of the falling dollar
against the Euro, so act fast.   Delivery is about 6 to 8 weeks.  They order
each set directly from the factory.

I would also strongly consider Wilbur shocks.  A friend has them on his RT
and loves them.  They are cheaper than Ohlins.  There is an ad for them in
this month's BMW ON.  They are fully adjustable for compression damping,
rebound damping, preload and length on both ends.   The stock shocks are
adjustable only for spring preload and rebound damping in the rear and only
spring preload in front.

You'll have to study up on setting up a bike if you get the Wilburs...lots
of adjustments to mess up, but when you get them right, it's pretty
wonderful.

A good domestic rebuildable shock is Works Performance.   I don't like their
adjustments as well as the Ohlins, but I've never owned a set.  Comments
have been pretty positive.

- -TB