Re: cheap chain replacement

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <rennsport@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ABSDoug2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: cheap chain replacement

> Chains and sprockets can be had for less than that. He is
quoting a
> factory part prices with no aftermarket alternatives.

There is no point or advantage at buying a factory chain.
Other than the fact that it costs more. No extra quality, other
than the possible warm and fuzzy feeling for some.  :)

>And chains last
> more than 20k miles and sprockets are not necessarily replaced
at every
> chain change out. I wonder how many wheelies these guys are
doing that
> need chain and sprocket replacement every 20k niles?

It's the much higher and sustained load that a high powered bike
can generate when accelerating.  Though wheelies look
spectacular, they don't load the chain for very long.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides/product_evals/sylvania/silverstar.htm