RE: Anyone? And Status Report on Backache

I too have been riding rather than posting;  more than a thousand miles in
this last week.  So obviously, the suggestions offered here to me about my
back problems have helped.  A lot.  The Rick Mayer saddle made a huge
difference.  Tom Brown's suggestion about readjusting my suspension to shift
emphasis away from damping and more toward springing worked beautifully on
the freeway and on most reasonably-maintained secondary roads, but then,
near Santa Cruz, CA, I met what I think is called the Old Soquel-San Jose
Road.  I seem to have caught the county somewhere between plowing and
planting, and it jackhammered my poor spine good and proper.  I'm
reintroducing the damping, by degrees.  I bought a set of bar-backs from
Moto-Techniques, only to discover that I'd have to modify either them or the
brackets for my Parabellum windshield to an extent too great for (my)
comfort, so that mod is being reconsidered.  And I've added the back
extension machine to my gym routine, and have devised a couple of stretching
exercises that seem to work specifically on my worst spots.  And I've lost
enough weight to compel me to resort to belt AND suspenders to avoid the
dreaded wardrobe malfunction.  So thanks again for the help, folks.  It's
certainly appreciated.  I'm one great big ache today, but a thousand miles
richer.

	- Martin
- --
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, CA