RE: Subject: Re: Oil Change

 Well, I've worked in the Mech engineering field fo close to 30 years now.
I've taken several courses and attended several Mfgs seminars on bolting and
fastener design. I PROMISE you. Those torque values from BMW were based on
sound engineering and if properly applied are certainly not going to strip
any threads.  You're betting your engine on your "Gut Feel" that BMW
engineers and their calculations are "Over Zealous" !!!! Gutsy move but not
for me or my very expensive Boxer engine.....

Terry Cox
02 R1150RA, "Bertha The Next Generation"