Re: Ohlins shocks ... nightmare!

Clive,
What you said:
> I find my bikes more comfortable now
> than they have been before and I have not wasted one second of riding
>time playing with the settings.

I agree, my bike is more comfortable now, however I am not sure that this is
good, I think the springs are a bit lower now as they used to be.  This also
due to the over loaded panniers. (I am only 5'-7" and I am carrying a car
jack, just in case I drop it and nobody's around ..ha..ha..)
I have not touched the shocks' setting since I got the bike with 13,300 km
in '98.

> I question why BMW would sell a robust, long lived bike with sub->standard
shocks??  I believe that, like the engine, transmission etc they >take a
while to run in - say around 30 to 40 thousand miles and they're >on song...

Or we got used to it...

I did not change shocks but I just changed upper and lower ball-joints.
I'll see what that will change in riding and will report about it.  This
season I am planning putting on 30,000 km.  For next season I may change
shocks.
Regards
Bob Silas