BUNNY: Dr. Frank Glamser LDF Update

Presidents,

I would like to express thanks for those of you who donated to Dr. Frank
Glamser's legal defense fund as he fights termination from his position
at the University Of Southern Mississippi
in Hattiesburg.  He and a fellow professor, Dr. Gary Stringer, have been
suspended from their teaching positions, locked out of their offices and
are being processed for termination by the university president.  In
summary, these two professors were investigating resume inflation by an
individual appointed to be a vice-president at USM.

An article in the Hattiesburg American has this to say about the
contributions from "people across the country" (that's you and me):

About $16,000 has been collected toward paying the legal fees of
suspended University of Southern Mississippi professors Frank Glamser and
Gary Stringer.  Amy Young, secretary for the USM chapter of the American
Association of University Professors estimated Wednesday that their legal
defense fund still has a few thousand dollars left over to cover other
expenses.
Young said she's received more than 200 donations ranging from $10 to
$1,000.  The money has come from a wide range of sources, she said.  Some
money has come from Southern Miss students, faculty and staff, but she's
also received funds from people across the country who have followed the
events surrounding the professors' dismissal on March 5.  "Some are
professors who read the Chronicle (of Higher Education) and they're
outraged," Young said.  Glamser and Stringer, both tenured professors,
have been the subject of statewide and national media coverage since USM
President Shelby Thames began termination proceedings against them.

Read the full story at this link:

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/news/stories/20040422/southernmissnews
/278198.html

I had the opportunity to speak with Frank at both the Blitz To Branson
and last weekend's LD Rider Catfish Ride To Eat.  Frank is confident that
he and Dr. Stringer will prevail in their hearings which begin next
Wednesday, April 28th.  Frank also had good things to say about the new
Michelin Road Pilot tires on his R1150RT.

Watch the list of your choice next week for further updates.

Robert Munday...  Montgomery, Alabama    `98 R11CHP   `95 R1100RSA
ABC #3783   Village Idiot   Rolling Broccoli Rider   BOOF #131
BAGman #19  Oilhead #1561   SR #2   NFO #2
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation - Keeper Of The List - Iron Bunny

"We must all stick together, or, most assuredly, we shall all stick
separately"
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!