Tell me about RAM GPS Mounts

Hello All,

I am the poor but proud owner of a new Garmin 276C GPS and am considering
the purchase of a RAM mount system to mount the unit on my 96 R1100RT,
95R1100RS, and 89 Transalp (using a different base for each). I am
considering the RAM mount because it, unlike some other mounts, is less
expensive than the GPS itself (almost not a joke).

Before I make the call with credit card in hand, I would appreciate learning
the list's opinion of the functionality of the RAM product, and which base
works best on the RT, and RS (the Transalp is the u-bolt bar base for sure).

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge/experience.

By the way, after owning the Garmin II, II+, III, III+, and V, the 276C is
most impressive. However, it is a unit best suited for a tech-head/toy-lover
who is "into" GPS (read aviator).

Cheers

Tandy Bozeman

Lake Almanor CA