RE: R1100S hard bags

My extra case lids shipped with the proper length screws and self-locking
nuts. I'll probably replace them at the next swap with Allen heads because
it's so easy to strip standard screws when finagling them in the bottom of
the case--kinda awkward. I'd thought about wingnuts but would have put them
on the outside/bottom anyway. Interior hardware profile is not much
different from the original pop rivets.

BTW, the lid retaining strap snaps off the mounting point to free the lid. I
only realized this after I'd drilled the first one out. D'oh!

I've never measured the job in how much beer is required, but if I recall
correctly, there's 24 beers in a case, and two cases on my bike...

Dennis Kelly
83 st
03 1100s
MOA
RA#28844
BMWBMW#2264

snip>>

I guess one could even use wing nuts for maximun changability but I can see
them catching on everything in the bags....  I'm sure that any changing out
of the bag lids are sure to involve more than one trip to the hardward store
and more than one six pack...

paige