RE: Losing a Dealer

I think Don's mention of the relatively soft US economy is important;  sales
won't be where anyone would like to see them until more prospective buyers
have reason to believe they could actually pay off their loans.  What I
can't help wondering is just how much invisible support dealers are actually
getting from corporate BMW in the form of price supports, as the dollar
falls against the euro.  Should it fall a good deal more (and the sheer size
of the federal budget deficit and the current accounts deficit suggest
that's not unlikely), BMW could be caught in a serious squeeze, forced to
choose between significant losses on every unit sold or a collapse of the
dealer network.  Not fun.

	- Martin
- --
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, CA