Re: Ideas?? Quit in rain.

At 04:47 PM 1/2/2005, you wrote:

>Any ideas?  Yes, I too suspect water in something, but specifically where?
>I've ridden this bike for hours in rain with not the slightest problem.  I
>have tools and much mechanical experience BFI i.e. Before Fuel Injection.

Duke,

Are you running a Techlusion Box?  If you are, disconnect the ground wire
and see if the bike runs.

I had my R1150 GS Adv stop running on me near Riverton, WY this summer in a
driving rain storm.  Turns out that the Techlusion box didn't fail
completely, it just shorted out so that the injectors were continuously
squirting fuel whenever the ignition was turned on.

Water can creep into the Techlusion box in a heavy rain.  I have take steps
to completely seal the seams on my replacement box.

Let us know what you find out.

Jim