Re: RTP

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Clive Liddell" <cliddell@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 5:55 AM
Subject: RE: RTP

> Fritz,
> No-one addressed your brake light problem :)   BTW welcome to this list.
>
> If you lie down and look under the foot brake pedal you will clearly see
> the
> contact arrangement which is activated by the adjustable screw and
> locknut.
> I suspect this may be No 1 cause of your problem.
>
> If not, take a phillips screwdriver and remove the one countersunk screw
> holding a cover over the inboard side of the front brake.  With a bit of
> manoevering(sp) it will come off and reveal a tiny microswitch.  As you
> start to pull the brake lever you should hear a small click and you can
> also
> see it's action.
>
> Take great care if you ever want to R&R the front microswitch - the
> holding
> screws must be around 1 or 2 mm dia and I think they have been loctited
> and
> they twist off easily (DAMHIK).
>
> Oh, yes, I have the Factory Manual as well as the "Oilhead" Haynes and
> have
> found that they correspond to one another fairly well...
>
> Regards
> Clive Liddell
> Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Wow! All the way form South Africa to anwer my question!!!
Thanks so much for the favor of a reply!
We had a funny experience on the train as my wife and I dined with a couple
we had not met before.  She was obviously of asian ancestry and HE was  red
headed
frecklefaced fair skinned and had an accent.  I asked HIM where he was from!
SHE laughed
and said San Fransisco.  I repeated I wanted to know where HE was from
because of his accent.
HE was from South Africa.  The woman was used to getting queries about her
origins
because of her Asian features but indeed her family had been in the United
States for three generations.
What a wonderful shrinking world we live in.
Tomorrow I go to my dealer and try to get the switch fixed.  Since I just
bought the used bike
it has a 30 day warrantee so will have them fix it.
Thanks again.
Fritz in Owosso, Michigan USA