Re: Introduction

At 06:18 AM 8/25/2005 -0400, Wayne Woodruff wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:21:17 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Just subscribed yesterday, and I wanted to say "hello".
> >
> >"hello"
> >
> >So, that's off my chest.
> >
> >I feel a bit here in the camp of the enemy ;-), because at heart I'm
> >an Airhead. Alas, I brought my trusty old '88 R80RT to the grave this
> >week because a valve crashed the engine beyond economical repair, and
> >at the moment I have neither time nor the space to pick the engine
> >apart myself, so I traded her for an '99 R1100RT I'm about to pick up.
>
>Condolences on the loss of your airhead.
>

> >Sorry to say so, folks, but the test ride on the R1100RT was nice,
> >comfortable, it's nice to toy with an electric windscreen, but
> >somewhere the big fun factor of the old airheads is missing. However,
> >there's a lot on the bike to make up for it, and as I get to know it
> >better I will probably appreciate it more (and maybe it was a dumb
> >move to rent an R1200GS first ;-)).
> >

>I has an R80ST for 16 years and I sold it 6+ years ago to buy an
>R1100R, which I traded for an R1100S back in May.
>
>Airheads have a personality that oilheads will never have; It's
>difficult to describe.  They are simple and elegant, unencumbered with
>technology.  Oilheads are very noce and have great features, but I
>wonder what they will be like when they are 20, 30, or 40 years old.
Hey Wayne,
   I resemble that!!  Although I DO have a personality and I'm very nice. : )))
I'm 57 (BTW).  : ))

Cees,
   I followed your "high speed destruction" on the Airheads list.  I'm very
sorry it died but you'll have another some day.  At one time, I sold my
R100RT since I wasn't riding it much.  I missed it so much I looked for
a replacement for 5 years.  Found a beautiful R100RS and it now lives
in the same garage with my K11LT and my R11RT.
   If you need pointers on the '99 R11RT you bought, don't hesitate to ask.
Join the www.bmwsporttouring.com forums.  LOTS of good data over there.

Mick
Tucson
ABC#6317