[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Top speed for R1100S
- Subject: Re: Top speed for R1100S
- From: "Steve Makohin" <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:12:12 -0400
From: "Robert Silas" <robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> My 2610 shows a max. speed after every trip of 251 kph., which I never
> did and the bike would not do it either. I have to call Garmin.
I suggest the following:
(0) Make sure your GPS is running the latest version of firmware (software
that you load into the GPS. You can get the latest version from the
Garmin web site.
(1) Reset the Maximum Speed setting, and confirm that it is reset to 0
(2) Leave your GPS on the same screen so that you can view both the GPS's
declared current speed, as well as the maximum speed.
(3) Go for a ride and make your observations:
- Does the current speed *appear* to be correct?
- Does the current speed change erratically?
- Under what conditions does the maximum speed change? It should just
lock in the highest "Current Speed" registered.
- Under what conditions does the maximum speed set itself to 251 kph?
- Is this an intermittent defect, or always reproducible?
Assuming you have eliminated the human element (resetting the Max Speed to
zero before your trip), it certainly sounds like a defect of some sort.
- -Steve Makohin
Oakville, Ontario, Canada