Re: Of belt drives and rear end failures

 I don't know that much about belt drives except they seem to be better than I ever thought they would be.  However a friend of mine bought a new harley and the blet squeaked. The dealer kept trying everything except replacing the belt.  When asked why not try that as a fix he pointed out the belt has no master link and the backend of the bike has to be completely disassembled to get it on and off.  So I am sure the labor to change one of these belts is also not a small thing.

I suspect the work to change a belt must be similair to changing out our clutches..but atleast you expect a clutch job to be a big deal..

paige