Re: RID installation

Thanks, as I see, everybody agrees that the early bikes without the RID still came equipped to receive the RID.
Bob Silas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Bechtold
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:51 AM
  Subject: RID installation

  Robert,

  The early R1100RS's did not come with the RID - it was an option.  The
  display was $380.00 (USD) and the inner fairing panel was $52.50.  Also,
  back then BMW offered a very good (but complex install) alarm system for
  $385, factory painted color matched saddlebags for $725, and heated grips
  for $175. I ordered all the options with the bike and everything came in
  the bike crate from Germany.  I took three days off work and removed the
  bike from the crate and installed the options myself at the dealership,
  Dickinson's BMW (which went out of business in '95).  Everything still
  works except the grips, which I replaced last year 'cause they just wern't
  getting warm enough anymore.

  > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:04:58 -0600
  > From: Robert W Munday <rwmunday@xxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: Re: RID on '94 RS