RE: Side-stand disconect

At 09:25 AM 1/20/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Oh & something else... how do you know which side to hook positive & negative
>to activate a relay? That isn't exactly clear to me.

Connections
The terminals of a relay are defined as follows:

     * 30 is the common or input voltage (or ground) to be switched.
     * 87a is the normally closed connection (can be used as a switched
voltage output when the relay is at rest). (This terminal offers no voltage
when the relay is energized.)
     * 87 is the normally open connection (switched voltage output when the
relay is energized).
     * 85 is connected to the ground of the triggering voltage.
     * 86 is connected to the positive 12V of the triggering voltage.

Note: in many cases, the connection of pins 85 and 86 can be
interchangeable, but NOT if there is a diode wired across the coil.

Mick
Tucson