inlet

Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this photo and give me a
general impression. (Feb'97 R1100R)

The rubber inlet hose is dry and cracking on the rim (on both sides of
the bike, evenly), and the head-side edge is starting to weep. The photo
shows a fair amount of buildup that has been from around 1500mi or so.
When I hit 100mph or so, the black-plastic throttle shield gets some
vapor on it.

http://newmercenaries.com/moto/inlet.jpg

Is this normal wear for these 8-year old parts, or indicative of
problems? (Bike is garaged.)

I have the two replacement parts (one for each side), if I were to
replace them myself:

1. Depressurize the fuel system
2. Remove the longer hard-plastic hose behind the throttle body
3. Replace the inlets
4. Reassemble

Does that sound right or is there anything else? Also, would I need new
hose clamps or will the current ones work fine?

Thanks,
Mark