Re: Shocks and Springs

 > I've heard and read in different places that the factor shocks and
 > springs wear out around 30K. What would be the signs that your shocks
 > and springs are starting to go bad and need to be replaced?

Simplistic worn shock test:

Push down on the rear end of your bike (requires someone to hold the
front end).  Let it go.  Does the bike pogo up and down?  If so your
rebound damping is off.   Try to adjust the rebound damping so the
bike doesn't pogo.  Can't? Then your shock is worn.

Do springs go bad?   I thought it was usually a case of the wrong
spring for your weight/load.  Don't know.

If you're not busy Saturday (I know Gregory is in the SF Bay Area)
attend the CalBMW Suspension Seminar and get an expert to answer your
questions.

 http://www.calmoto.com/community/events/suspension_seminar.html

I've signed up and will be there on my GS.

// marc