Re: Shocks and Springs

> OBTW - in my new house, I can wrench again. So apart from the fact
> that I'm now officially looking for an R80 wreck to restore [...]

I purchased an '83 R80 RT last winter with 129K miles on it.  A
previous owner had removed the fairing to make it naked.  I didn't
pay that much as I knew it needed some work.  It then spent spring
and summer in a shop, getting new valves, guides, seats, rings, rod
bearings, seat, master cylinder, SS brake lines, rear wheel bearings,
rebuilt carbs and new Metzler Lazertechs.  Less than 4K later a car
pulled in front of me at an intersection with no warning, the bike
hit the trunk of the car and sent me flying to safety.  Bike now has
a cracked front wheel, busted forks and triple-clamp, bent handlebars
& frame, dented tank, cracked seatpan, dented tailpipe and busted
taillight assembly.

Still runs fine, no leaks along the engine or drive seals.  Tires are
fine, as is the rear wheel.  Has manual and original tool kit.

Pics of it available in its various incarnations at http://
cls.pyrrho.net/media/img/misc/r80

I am considering just tearing it apart and parting it out on eBay but
if someone wants to make me a reasonable offer to take it off my
hands, then I'd consider it.  Also note that you'd have to pick it
up; I live in Milwaukee WI.

Let me know.

- --
Craig