Re: clutch housing and pressure plate

In my experience (4-5 airhead clutches, including a couple of the
newer style you have), there's no "possibly." It's pretty easy to
measure deformation in these parts, and they don't always merit re-
installation.  Even if there's no warpage (due to overheating), the
friction plate wears them slightly conical (think of a very short
cone with a very big base), such hat they don't mate right with a
new, truly flat, friction plate.

On Feb 13, 2006, at 10:07 PM, Mark Rivera wrote:

> They called today and said that the housing and pressure plate had
> 'hot spots' which indicated they were possibly warped and needed to
> be replaced as well.

L. Allen Poole
home:	(503) 230-2933
mobile:	(503) 720-3742