Re: Front shock static sag setting

"Pete Schinkel" writes:
 > I am setting up my R1150RA after installing a Wilbers front shock.  I need
 > to know what the static sag on the front forks should be?  Current static
 > sag is 1.42".

Caveat: I am not a suspension expert, but am parroting what I've been
told by people I trust :-)

The "correct" sag is a range that is then fine tuned according to what
feels good for you on the roads you ride.  The range is from 1/4 -- 1/3
of the total.   For the R1150R the total travel is 120mm, so you want to
be someplace between 30mm - 40mm, or 1.18 - 1.57 inch.

So at 1.42 you are in the ball park.   Now its time to ride, tweak, then
ride some more.

// marc