More wiring stuff.

(For those of you familiar with this thread, you can skip to the 2nd paragraph)

I want to eliminate unnecessary wiring on my motorcycle. This was inspired by the expiration of my clutch safety-disconnect switch & later, my side-stand disconnect switch. I have rewire the entire side-stand affair to sound the horn rather then kill the motorcycle. The next step was to eliminate any unnecessary wiring associated with the old safety-disconnect. While researching which wires are not necessary, I noticed ground wires heading back from just about everything powered on the bike. This got me thinking; why run a wire all the way through the bike? Why have all these extra
wires, buried in a mass of other wires, taped up, unaccessible? This is when I was informed the location of grounds and grouping of grounds are important and not to be fooled with. I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN MORE HERE.

Loud and clear I've heard fooling with grounds is not a good idea. That said, I'm pretty sure the wire associated with the safety disconnects could still be eliminated. There are two wires, one for the clutch disconnect and one for the side-stand disconnect. PLEASE, any comments or suggestions here would be great.

Doug Saylor
727.831.3111

Heavily medicated for your protection!

Things to live for:

- -alt.binaries.howard-stern

- -iPod shuffle (loaded with Howard Stern)

- -1995 BMW R1100R... >110K, runs great AND is an award winning bike! (Rat Bike @ the 2004 Poverty Riders Rally)