Re: [Tampa-Crashers] More wiring stuff.

I start a new job next Wed (March 1st) and expect to have more free time
and less stress.....which will leave more time for the important things
in life (motorcycling, informal target shooting, music, family,
etc.)..... (but I'm already hearing rumors that my
soon-to-be-ex-employer may want to pay me an embarrassing amount of
money to do some contracting and I may need to take them up on that)

For now, I can manage a short answer that briefly address some of the
concerns.....

Suppose you have every component on the bike grounded separately with a
bolt to the frame/engine case/whatever. Each of those bolted connections
becomes a failure point from several perspectives. 1) The bolt must be
tight. 2) Corrosion, dirt, grime, etc can (and often does) occur between
the surfaces which results in a poor electrical connection.....which
means no matter how tight the bolt is, you still have a poor electrical
connection.  3) The typically dissimilar metals of the surfaces can have
bad side effects on each other.  In some circumstances it could be
difficult to track down electrical problems.

Contrast the above scenario with the typical arrangement of having
separate dedicated ground wires and relatively few grounding points to
the engine/frame/whatever and all the wires are safely tucked inside the
harness with nicely soldered connections and/or high quality water proof
connectors where appropriate.

Without going into a discussion of voltage drop (aka IR drop) across
resistance in a circuit, suffice it to say you don't want to create
opportunities for IR drops all over your vehicle.

Far as eliminating the side stand and clutch safety interlock circuits
goes.... I'd recommend at least leaving the side-stand safety circuit
fully functional.

Deltona Jerry