Re: cylinder studs: torque or length?

Original poster of "cylinder studs: torque or length"

Thanks to all of you who commented. I was interested in torque figures for
the cylinder STUDS. Many of you commented on the procedure for torquing the
cylinder head NUTS. But we all learned some new approaches.

Bottom line, I think I heard a (small) consensus say that the cyclinder
studs are just turned to the proper depth of exposed stud (152.5mm for three
studs, 132mm for one). Mine will be just finger tight at that depth (well,
maybe 5Nm). I'll probably dope them up HT thread lock.

Any last comments before I button her up?

Thanks all!

John Merlin Williams
1999 R1100RS
1999 Ducati SS 750
Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
- --
Sent from the BMW Oilheads forum at Nabble.com.