Magnetic Tank Bag?

Toby:

Nice that you have two homes with motorcycles in each.    I've got a couple
magnetic bags stuck to the side of my work bench gathering dust.   I've traded
all my metal tanked motorcycles and am left with an R1200RT (plastic) and an
Aprilia Mille R (composite).

I can give you some great advice about these bags....MAKE SURE you don't put
the bag on a workbench or someplace where there might be metal particles
laying around.   When you stick the bag to your painted tank, well, bad things
can happen.

Outside of this little concern, Marsee magnetic bags are great.  Very
convenient.

One other thing, if you got a cheap mechanical watch or a compass or hard
drive, magnetic tape of floppies anywhere near, they probably won't work well,
but that's the sort of thing that people think about with magnets.   I never
had occasion to use those things on my metal tanked bike.

"Loud valves save lives."...  I love it!

- -TB

>I am thinking about taking advantage of a sale at Sierra Trading Post
>for a magnetic tank bag.  I'd use it on my R60, R80, and 2001 R1100R.
>My problem is that my R1100R li>ves in Colorado (where I spend summers)
>and I am currently in Florida.

>So, I have a stupid question:  Is the tank on my 2001 R1100R steel?
>The second question is: has anyone used a Marsee magnetic bag and is
>there any advice for me?

>Thanks,

>Toby

- - --