Re: Head Stud and Nut Torqueing

And Tom Cutter wrote:

>I never wrote that I went for a beer.

Dunno why, but boy did people get confused about this post!

Not that's important, but here's the summary of who said what:

1. Tom CUTTER wrote he'd only seen one stud pull out, on a crash-damaged
bike.

2. I (JD) described my own original precautionary additions to the
angle-torque method, and referred only to Tom CUTTER in this particular post.

3. "more than once I think" is how many times I (JD) believes Tom CUTTER has
described the factory-specified method.

4. I (JD) drank a celebratory beer when I was done with the work. That might
or might not have actually happened (but it probably did). However, I (JD) was
actually alluding to someone else (obviously NOT Tom C.), who not long ago
wrote about going for a beer after completing a repair. I think it might even
have been this same thread.

Regards,
John Dancoe '93 R1100RS