R1100RT handlebars and ergonomics

I would like recommendations on handlebars and ergonomics.  I am 6'3" 215
pounds and ride a 1996 R1100RT with barbacks and custom seat.  The current
(stock with barbacks) handlebars are quite uncomfortable causing me to
either raise my elbows flat tracker style or hunch over to compensate for
the way in which they are angled in too much stressing my upper back,
wrists, and grip. IOW, my pinkie is behind my index finger, so to speak.
The way I see it, I need my pinkie to be more alongside my index finger.  An
added bonus would be to have the bars angled downward a bit IOW with my
pinkie lower than my index finger.

What would it take to achieve this - preferably using "bolt on" stuff and
stock cables?  It appears that it would require different handlebars
(tubular, I guess) mounted to an adapter.  If this is true, what are the
recommendations on bar bend and source, and adapter make and source?  Has
anyone performed this sort of modification?
Thanks,

Duke