Re: Commuter Tires

In a message dated 4/25/06 8:50:12 AM Eastern  Standard Time,
emoto1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I think it is unwise to run tires  down this far. Sure, sometimes you
can get caught out and it happens, but to  use visible corrd as a wear
indicator is not a good idea, and one should have  new tires on well
before cord is reached. Your tires are safety items.  Replace them
early and often!

I have to ask if you thought i did not  know that? But the Z6 tire has a
layer of thin cotton cord molded into the  rubber JUST as a wear indicator. Like
my post said, there is almost 3 mm of  rubber BENEATH the cord. I know because
i do stuff like cut tires apart to  see.

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com