Re: Commuter Tires

In a message dated 4/25/2006 11:28:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tpcutter@xxxxxxx writes:
But the Z6 tire has a
layer of thin cotton cord molded into the  rubber JUST as a wear indicator.
Like
my post said, there is almost 3 mm of  rubber BENEATH the cord. I know
because
i do stuff like cut tires apart to  see.

Whew! I had a set of Z6s on my RS that I knew were getting a bit thin, but
went out for one more ride that would be both not too fast or very long. 150
easy miles later and the cords were showing pretty consistently all the way
around the tire.

I knew it was time and had another tire on order. I'm really glad to hear
that there was a little something to back up the cord that was revealed and will
order my replacements even earlier next time.

Geoffrey Greene
Knoxville, Tennessee