Re: Commuter Tires

On 4/26/06, Emoto <emoto1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>... it is simply bad policy to run a tire down so far that there is no
> tread left in the center of the tire, nevermind cord showing. Not only
> is such a tire illegal in 50 states, but it offers reduced traction in
> many conditions and may also have a higher risk of puncture...

While I agree in essence with your position I would point out that the
Z-6 tires designed for use on the rear have no tread in the center
when new; their tread pattern is on the tire edge and sides, only, and
those areas have the standard type of twi molded into the tread
pattern.

I wish the manufacturer had included the information Tom mentioned
about the center twi cording somewhere easily discoverable in their
literature; it would have saved me a lot of fretting over tire life!

- --
cheers... jack