Re: Odyssey Battery

Hi Dave,

I have a page about putting a Black Panther battery in my '94 R1100RS...
http://members.macconnect.com/users/k/karl/bmwbattery.html

I've since replaced the Panther with an Odyssey PC680. The Panther
was more snug than the Odyssey, but otherwise they fit about the same.

The only problem is the negative battery cable is a bit short (on my
bike anyway) and the cable end needs to be bent. I used one of the
stock brackets and bent the cable end, but a cleaner solution is to
get the Odyssey terminal adapter for BMWs...
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/accessories/bmwposts.htm

As for an R1150RT...I searched around a bit and noticed A&S has the
adapter and lists the bikes it's for. The R1150RT included...
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1356

However, the R1150RT isn't listed in the current fit guide...
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/documents/US-ODY-AG-002_0905.pdf

...so you might want to call before ordering one.

Karl