Lowering R1100R

My wife is thinking about replacing her '78 R80 airhead with something a
more powerful and reliable.  The problem is that she is "inseam
challenged" and we do some of our riding on somewhat rough gravel roads
(which require a little more sureness in foot placement than flat smooth
pavement).  She likes my R1100R but even with the stock seat in the
lowest position she need about another inch.

Does anyone have any experience with lowering the R1100R (we're not
bound to that model, of course, but it does have the 3-position seat to
start with).  Options include tire profile, suspension components,
custom seats, etc.

TIA

- --
Toby Berk