Re: Lowering R1100R

How tall is your wife? I'm 5'7 and flat foot the R1150R with no
problem. I've had a couple people shorter then me (5'5) also flat
foot the bike. I was told that all the American produced bikes have
the low seat(not sure on this one). After looking under the seat, I
feel that  you can easily lower it even more (little custom work)
that a monkey could do it.

If I'm wrong on the my seat being the low seat, then it is at most
the middle level set.

gregory

At 04:57 PM 5/22/2006, Tpcutter@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In a message dated 5/22/06 7:17:27 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
>Toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>My wife is thinking about  replacing her '78 R80 airhead with something a
>more powerful and  reliable.  The problem is that she is "inseam
>challenged" and we do  some of our riding on somewhat rough gravel roads
>(which require a little  more sureness in foot placement than flat smooth
>pavement).  She likes  my R1100R but even with the stock seat in the
>lowest position she need about  another inch.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with lowering the R1100R  (we're not
>bound to that model, of course, but it does have the 3-position  seat to
>start with).  Options include tire profile, suspension  components,
>custom seats, etc.>>
>
>Suggest looking at an R1150R  with the lower seat option. They seem to be
>VERY low.
>
>Tom  Cutter
>Yardley, PA
>http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com

Gregory L Appling
Business Manager
Wetlands and Water Resources, Inc.
818 5th Ave Suite 208, San Rafael, CA  94901
(415) 457-0250 phone; (415) 457-0260 fax
gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    http://www.swampthing.org