Re: Lowering R1100R

I have the same problem with my '94 R1100RS. I am 5'-7" with a short inseam. My boots have one inch thick soles and 2" high heals. You may look for a 17" inch rear wheel and install a longer torque-arm, if there is any available. I have heard about shorter torque-arms, but not of longer ones. Things Bruno mentioned about the seat are good too. Being short represent constant fights with any bike, the tall ones are blessed!!!
Bob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Toby Berk
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 6:07 PM
  Subject: Lowering R1100R

  My wife is thinking about replacing her '78 R80 airhead with something a
  more powerful and reliable.  The problem is that she is "inseam
  challenged" and we do some of our riding on somewhat rough gravel roads
  (which require a little more sureness in foot placement than flat smooth
  pavement).  She likes my R1100R but even with the stock seat in the
  lowest position she need about another inch.

  Does anyone have any experience with lowering the R1100R (we're not
  bound to that model, of course, but it does have the 3-position seat to
  start with).  Options include tire profile, suspension components,
  custom seats, etc.

  TIA

  --
  Toby Berk