Re: How about 1998

Toby.  I had a '98 RS.  The turnabout year was '97.  So you have the
good transmission.  The bike should be good, but it is subject to the
dreaded surge issue.  You should test ride the bike to be sure it runs
smoothly.  If it doesn't, you likely could fix it if you want to put in
the effort.  But there is some risk there.  There are a few of these
single spark oilheads that people have a hard time getting to run
without surge.  Mine was very smooth and no surge after I played with
it.  But it did take some creative tuning.  Lot's of helpful info at
ibmwr site on the tuning issues.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27