Re: How about 1998

I've been contemplating surge since I get an R1100S 20 months ago. I
tend to agree with Bob on tuning. I have a suspicion that cleaning
injectors helps both in terms of flow and spray pattern. I have a
write-up about it linked below. More drastic tricks related to O2
sensors is another write-up about air-fuel ratio.

http://bigmail.ica.net/users/barkow@xxxxxxx/Ben's%20bike%20files/

(Also just added a piece about making a parcel rack on a Corbin R1100S
seat.

Ben

> Toby.  I had a '98 RS.  The turnabout year was '97.  So you have the
> good transmission.  The bike should be good, but it is subject to the
> dreaded surge issue.  You should test ride the bike to be sure it runs
> smoothly.  If it doesn't, you likely could fix it if you want to put in
> the effort.  But there is some risk there.  There are a few of these
> single spark oilheads that people have a hard time getting to run
> without surge.  Mine was very smooth and no surge after I played with
> it.  But it did take some creative tuning.  Lot's of helpful info at
> ibmwr site on the tuning issues.
>
> Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27
>
> On Jun 3, 2006, at 9:37 PM, Toby Berk wrote:
>
>> My wife is considering buying a 1998 R1100R.  Is there anything
>> particular I should know about that year?  Changes in subsequent years
>> we would particularly want? (I have a 2001)  etc.

    This Email is powered by ICA Canada OnLine
         http://www.icacanadaonline.com