Re: How about 1998

My first-hand knowledge is limited to the R1100S.

The Techlusion is a $250 box that functionally sits on top of your
injectors. Based on four easily set and natural-feeling adjusters, you
can add as much or as little fuel as you want. Some models disconnect
the O2 sensor and some use it in a commercially-secret way. The
enrichment adds to general drivability. Really good fix.

Power Commander III is a $600 box that functionally sits on top of the
ECU. Interacting mysteriously with the ECU fueling program, it
substitutes its own programmable fueling rules OR provides a far better
closed-loop wide-band-O2-based operation. Can add or subtract gas and
although the thought would make all of their customers retch, might
make an ideal enviro-econo patch for modified bikes. There may soon
also be a module for ignition timing and that would be great for power.
Not feasible, not much better than Techlusion, power band needs no
precision to maximize power, and crazy computer and dyno procedure to
adjust.

Other boxes on the horizon.

Best no-fuss fix may be simply disconnecting the O2 sensor. Simple as
that. Better is switchable sensor. Better is scalable op-amp O2 sensor
input (90% good start point).

See my Air to Fuel Ratio write-up which has real data.

http://bigmail.ica.net/users/barkow@xxxxxxx/Ben's%20bike%20files/

Ben
Toronto