Re: main beam / dipped beam

Thanks to all who have contributed information.
Following Clive's suggestion some judicious fiddling with the switch on the
right handlebar has resolved this issue.

I remain somewhat concerned however and hope not to be caught far from home
after dark incase this problem should reappear.

The off topic issues regarding language and "showing thru" were interesting
if not revealing.

It's cold here at the moment.  Minus 6.5 centigrade this am.  But our best
timeof the year for riding.  It warms up during the day and safe to leave
the rain suit at home.

Details of our most recent adventure here:
http://www.ficksburg.to/laplesotho/
also here:
http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.za/lifestyle/articles/default.asp

Jim Lundberg