From: ABSDoug <absdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:12:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: No fuel, no spark, NO CAR!

   My bike is my only ride. Can't figure out why my bike died and I can't get it
going again. Here is what is up... 1st, I drove about 100 feet and the bike
died. Before that, it was raining real hard. Nothing looked weird till I pushed
the bike back in front of my apartment. At that time, I noticed the following:
top ABS light was dimmer then the bottom. High beam indicator light is on till
you actually put the high beam on, then the indicator light goes off.
     After this, I turned of the "Signal Minder" running lights. Took both
handlebar controls off in case they might need to dry. Both plugs are pulled,
pulled one fuel injector... no fuel, no spark. For shits and giggles, I pulled
the timing (Hall) sensor. Sensor looks fine. I pulled the sensor because the
other day, the bike didn't start and it was dry out. Bike started the other day
after I pulled the tank to look around. I found nothing, but the bike started.
WHAT NEXT?!

ABSDoug (Heavily medicated for your protection!)

If you think "god" is doing a good job: YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE: 1995 BMW R1100R. 117K, runs great! ~ M97 transmission,
thanks to BMWNA for picking up 1/2 the bill well after the warranty expired ~
Swapped my O2 sensor for a CO Potentiometer, jumper from #5-#6 @ Motronic
socket, thanks to which I get 39-44MPG & NO surging ~ "Freedom Mount" with
K100RS handlebars ~ Bar-end mirrors ~ Staintune exhaust, low of course ~ RS/RT/S
System Cases ~ Ohlins F/R ~ Custom reversed shifter("GP" style) ~ 31/11 (2.82)
final drive off an RS ~ K&N (cause I'm cheap) ~ Autolite 3923 spark plugs (cause
I'm cheap & they help w/ surging issue) ~ External fuel filter ~ Kisan Signal
Minder (cause the OEM burnt out TWICE) ~ Carbon canister removed ~ Fiamm horn
(cause the stock one is gay) ~ Custom setup for kickstand: Horn sounds rather
then killing the bike. One less thing to leave you stuck! Also allows starting
on side-stand.
http://mail.yahoo.com