Re: '96 R1100RSL

On 6/15/06, Tbag <tbagtim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On reassembling everything and putting on my new Metezeler front I took
the bike off the center stand and applied the brakes to seat eveything and
for the second time in this bike's history one of the brake hoses ballooned
out right by the crimp to the banjo.

> So the bike is still off the road waiting for a new brake hose.
>
> I don't recall ever seeing a hose thread. Has anyone else experienced this
ballooning issue? Seems like it could be a deadly one if not noticed.

How old was that brake line? If I recall the manual correctly (and I
may not) the brake lines are supposed to be replaced at regular
intervals.

Bob