Re: Wait one friggin' minute!

- -----Original Message-----
From: ABSDoug <absdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wait one friggin' minute!

   I was told by someone who should know... I know that an Oilhead throws a
spark on both cylinders (wasted spark) but does the FUEL INJECTOR GO OFF TOO!!??

Doug,
I read that in one of the repair manuals once,  I remember cause I thought it quite odd but when you
consider that at 4,000 rpm that injector fires 66 times a second  Of which only 33 of them are on the compression
stroke   it takes all the firing it can get to charge the cylinder.  I suspect that it really is spraying fuel
in a constant ( to us anyway)  and is really just varying the rate of flow slightly for the trottle control.

Our machines are amazing when you consider what they can do in a second of time..and yet we
get all upset if it just misfires even once and we notice it...

paige