Re: Alternator Belt service

In a message dated 7/30/06 9:43:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bmwmick@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  The ELAST belt does get re tensioned once at 6,000 miles and replaced at
 36,000
 The previous pulley SI Bulletin (#2747) I mentioned, replaced the pulleys
 and installed a new belt.  The Upper pulley was changed from
 Aluminum to Steel.  All Oilheads AFTER 09/1994 had this change
 installed at production.  It was NOT a Service Action item and was
 Service Information only.

My RS(5/96 production) has the steel pulley but isn't the ELAST a different
deal?  I was under the impression that my belt gets tensioned when installed
and it goes for a 36K ride?

Cheers
Paul