Re: Piston and Valve overhaul for R1100RT

In a message dated 9/25/06 8:32:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
renders@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< On the top in the higher middle area I only used a nail brush. In the
 top lower four corners where the carbon is really hard I used a
 screwdriver to losen the stuff. That's were some minor scratches are. Do
 they matter at all? Where do I find someone who can do the bead blast?

While you never really want scratches in a stressed area as they can
propogate cracks iy's more than likely lasting will remove them, it actually provides
a surface treatment similar to shot peeing but at a lower level.

If there are any engine rebuilders near you or automotive machine shops
you'll uually find they can bead blast.  Just insist they tape the ring grooves and
when you get them back scrub the cleaned pistons very well.

Cheers
Paul