Place to sell an R1100RT?

Hey folks --

Due to a financial pinch, I have to part with my R1100RT. It's in
Charlottesville, VA, and needs the transmission repairs cited in the
online bulletin that I can't seem to find right now. It also need a new
right mirror after an asphalt failure cracked the glass. Mileage is about
40K.

The Bike values at $6385 retial according to kbb.com, $4650 trade-in. I
figure $4K is a fair figure considering the necessary repairs. Am I out of
like?

Next queation -- does anyone know the best route to sell the vehicle? The
list? Ebay? Newspaper.

i know it's a crummy time of year to sell, but i can't wait until spring.

Thanks,